Monday, June 9, 2014

The Ninth Day of the Month Pt 1: A Reading with Patrick Rothfuss

Tonight the Bearded-One Speaks!


Happy Ninth Day of the Month, and what a Ninth Day it's turning out to be! First of all, it's raining in June. And I do mean raining! It's raining sideways!

The Beard accepts me!

Another Ninth Day dream come true: Patrick Rothfuss will be speaking and reading tonight here in fabulous downtown Austin, Texas. The event is hosted by The Book People, one of the few brick-and-mortar bookstores in Austin that isn't owned by Half Price Books or Barnes and Noble. The Book People are best known for their indie publications and offerings from local authors. The event starts at 7:00 pm. I plan on being there ridonculously early to get a seat and park. Bring dinner (I made a sandwich), or walk to the Whole Foods on Sixth and Lamar. 

I was going to get  my copy of Name of the Wind signed, but I had purchased a signed copy of The Wise Man's Fear, and so won't take up unnecessary space. 

My only hope for tonight is that Mr. Rothfuss will read from his next Kingkiller Chronicle novel, The Doors of Stone. However, there is also The Slow Regard for Silent Things, which I'm also interested in. 

Thanks to Mr. Rothfuss generously giving us his time, today's Ninth Day of the Month post will be in two parts, with pictures of the event to follow. Check me out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for photos and video as well.   


No comments:

Post a Comment