Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Doctor!

"Bow ties are cool"
"Have been."
"And Always will be."
The Doctor and the Doctor
Doctor Who Season 6 Episode 6, "The Almost People"




Happy 48th Anniversary!

The Doctor has been around for almost 50 years, making it the longest running television show in history. Some of our contemporary artists believe they owe an amazing amount of their creativity to his influence during their formative years. Unfortunately, I cannot say this, as I seemed to have always known who the Doctor was, but had never actually seen him in action. That was rectified the time I sat down with my husband and watched The Four Doctors. I have not been the same since, and when I finally began creating this blog back in April, I knew I owed it to myself and other Doctor Who fans to create something meaningful and worthy of discussion, perhaps even worthy of the Doctor himself. 


Doctor Who's official Facebook has found some amazing things in honor of the the Doctor. Like this video. Say hello to other Doctor Who fans from around the world. Don't forget to check out the other videos featured on this channel. 

Also, Doctor Who Season 7 has been pushed back for a good while, until the autumn of 2012. Their reasons are many. Read about it here

Happy Doctor Who Day, Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment